The Christian Rowley Memorial Scholarship
We are saddened by the loss, and strengthened in the hope that many lives are still being touched by the generosity of others.
How to Apply
Applicants must turn in the following to be considered for this scholarship:
- Completed Application
- Student letter of interest
- Parent/guardian proof of income
- A letter of recommendation
- The ideal scholarship candidate will possess the following qualities:
- New or limited access to Junior Theatre
- Inspired by some aspect of theatre
- Willing to make the commitment to a year of studies
- Looking for a place to belong
The student letter of interest should be at least one full type-written page (double-spaced) and include the following:
- Describe how you heard about Junior Theatre and why you would like to participate in our classes and productions.
- Describe why you are applying for the scholarship.
- List other activities or youth organizations you have participated in and provide examples that demonstrate your commitment to these activities.
Remember that we want to hear your own unique ideas and words, please make sure the letter you submit is your own work.
Completed application packets must be submitted to the San Diego Junior Theatre office, Suite 208 by: March 8, 2019 at 5:00 pm. We will contact you to schedule a specific interview appointment.
The scholarship will be awarded on Friday night, April 26th, 2019 at our opening performance of Seussical.
San Diego Junior Theatre hopes you will take advantage of this great opportunity! Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions about the scholarship or the application process.
Click Here to Download the Application Packet (PDF).
Please mail your completed application packet to:
San Diego Junior Theatre
Attn: Christian Rowley Scholarship
1650 El Prado, Suite 208
San Diego CA 92101
Or drop it by our office in Balboa Park