San Diego Junior Theatre provides engaging, innovative, high-quality theatre education and productions for children of all cultural heritages, ages, abilities and levels of interest.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Education Director is responsible for the operations of all education programs, supervising all Education Department staff, and promoting Junior Theatre in the community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent and advocate for Junior Theatre in the community
- Supervise Education Program Manager and related staff
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior management team
- Oversee all Education programming, including school year sessions, summer and vacation camps, and outreach programs
- Guide all Education Program Development, including planning brochures and schedules, developing new curriculum, and creating new opportunities
- Recruit, train, and manage all teaching artists and aides
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: San Diego Junior Theatre, Attn: Education Director Position, 1650 El Prado, # 208, San Diego, CA 92101 or e-mail to [email protected] (please include “Education Director” in subject line).
»Download Education Director Job PDF